Sony had a great PS4 launch sales wise in North America, in the first 24 hours alone it sold over 1 million units, pre-orders are likely included in that figure. However, the launch itself didn’t go smoothly all the way. Those who had received the console prior to November 15th due to various promotions and what not complained of hardware issues, which Sony said that it was looking in to. Customers who got the units after November 15th were haunted by the blue light of death, for which Sony has suggested a few fixes. The company acknowledges that “several issues” have been reported, and based on that it believes that there’s no singular problem that could impact a greater unit of PS4 units.
Sony also “understands’ that some units might have been damaged during shipping. The company says that less than 1 percent of PS4 units are affected by these several issues, the new figure is up from the previous 0.4 percent claim, and that it lies within the expected range for a new production like the PS4. Sony says its working with customers and retail partners to help out customers, and to ensure that the affected units are exchanged. Have any of you faced issues with your PS4?
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-04: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 2 Launched
- 2014-04-02: Sony PS4 Survey Hints At Possible Features