They key selling point of Motorola’s Moto X would be its ability to be customized via Motorola’s Moto Maker website. Unfortunately that feature has been an AT&T exclusive since its launch, although the good news is that the exclusivity appears to be coming to an end, thanks to a leaked screenshot obtained by the folks at Android Central. The screenshot (pictured above) shows that Sprint users will soon be able to get access to the Moto Maker website in which more customization features will be made available to them, apart from being able to choose between black or white color options for the phone.
Assuming the screenshot is legit and accurate, those looking to get the Moto X from Sprint can do so starting on the 11th of November 2013, with the memo reading, “Motorola launches its Moto Maker capabilities to Sprint, allowing customers to customize their own Moto X devices.” The customization incudes more color options, a custom boot message, a wallpaper that you can choose to display at first boot, and having your Google account attached to the phone. Unfortunately engraving will not be available, presumably because Motorola has yet to figure out a way to improve the quality of it, along with the wooden backplate option which does look pretty nifty.
Next Story: LG Launches Device Loaner Program With The LG G2
- 2014-04-14: Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-04-11: Sprint Announces WeGo Phone For Kids
- 2014-04-10: Sprint's HTC One M8 Apparently Comes With Harman/Kardon Speakers
- 2014-04-09: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Sprint Spark Gets Wi-Fi Calling
- 2014-01-27: Sprint Moto X Android 4.4.2 Update Shows Up
- 2013-12-12: Sprint Moto X To Receive Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2013-12-01: AT&T, Verizon, Sprint To Offer Moto X For $0.01 On Cyber Monday
- 2013-09-05: Sprint Offers Moto X For $199.99 This September 6th
- 2013-08-01: Moto X On Sprint Will Offer Lifetime Unlimited Guarantee Plan