If there’s one thing parents love to nag their kids about, it would be how they spend too much time playing video games, chatting on their computers, playing with their phones or have their noses buried in a tablet, but over in Sweden it would seem that is the opposite case. Children are complaining that their parents are a little too tech-obsessed and are spending more time than they would like on their gadgets. This is according to a study conducted where it was found that 33% of Swedish parents admitted that their use of their phone and/tablet was a sore point with their kids.
More alarmingly, it was found that 20% of those surveyed admitted that they have lost their kid, for a moment, simply because they were spending too much time on their phones. Speaking to The Guardian, one Swedish pediatrician states that this could affect children growing up. “Of course it will affect their emotional development . . . [Also] I encourage parents to use language during their daily activities, and give their children new words all the time. If parents are more interested in using their mobile phones, I think it will have a bad effect on the language development of their children.” However not all pediatricians agree, saying that distracted parents will always be a thing, but what do you guys think? Is it a little ironic that parents are more tech-obsessed than their kids?
[Image Credit – bikeriderlondon]
- 2014-04-16 36.9% Of Games Bought On Steam Never Get Played [Study]
- 2014-04-14 Video Games Do Not Negatively Impact Academic Performance In Adolescents [Study]
- 2014-04-11 Study Uses StarCraft 2 To Prove The Effects Of Aging
- 2014-04-09 Mobile Gamers Tend To Quit After One Day, According To Study
- 2014-03-04 1 In 10 Americans Equate HTML With An STD
- 2014-02-28 87% Of Smartphone/Tablet Users Shop On Their Devices
- 2014-01-02 PS4 Gamers Three Times More Likely To Watch Porn Compared To Xbox One Gamers
- 2013-12-08 Survey Finds 1.2 Billion Apps Were Opened During Thanksgiving Weekend
- 2013-11-13 Study Finds That 47% Of Adults Surveyed Were Interested In Wearable Electronics
- 2011-04-07 23% of American students say they're addicted to the internet