Remember our story that we ran last week about an iPad which exploded? Well, back then we did mention that chances of identifying the correct iPad that burst into flames was one in four, since Apple is selling four different kinds of iPad models at the moment, but it seems that the iPad Air is now out of running from the race (which is a good thing for those who have kept an eye to pick up the iPad Air), as Vodafone has stepped forward to say that the exploding iPad was an older model.
In a statement issued by Vodafone, it mentioned, “It was an earlier generation iPad with Retina display model – not one of the more recently launched devices. Apple is investigating the cause. Apple has taken the device for investigation, so we won’t know any more until they do.” Well, I guess that’s that, and hopefully this will be the last case of its kind. Chances are pretty high that this particular issue has something to do with the battery, and with Apple already having had to fix the problem of overheating batteries in the past when it came to several of its previous products, we do keep our fingers crossed that they will be able to get this done sooner rather than later.
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2014-04-08: Adobe Lightroom Mobile For iPad
- 2010-01-20: Apple In Talks With UK Operators Over Tablet
- 2010-04-15: O2 And Vodafone To Offer iPad Price Plans From The End Of May
- 2010-05-28: iPad 3G Overwhelms Vodafone UK's Activation Server