It’s been about 8 years since the launch of the Xbox 360, games have come and gone, and technology has improved by leaps and bounds, which is why it is not surprising that the Xbox One is as successful as it is. The console was released just last week and has since gone on to sell 1 million units in just 24 hours which is admittedly an impressive feat, but more impressive is the fact that the Xbox One has managed to outsell the Xbox 360 in the UK by 2-to-1, and that’s just in the first week alone!
This is according to the Ukie Games Charts which shows that 80% of home consoles sold in the UK during the Xbox One’s launch week belonged to the console. Both the Xbox One and Sony PlayStation 4 have had phenomenal success, with the PS4 also managing over 1 million units sold in a 24 hour period of time. Both consoles can thought of as evenly matched, even though gamers and either side of the fence would claim that their console is better, but ultimately in the end it boils down to personal preference as well as what sort of games are available for the platform of their choice. What do you guys think? Will we see the Xbox One outsell the Xbox 360 by even greater numbers by the end of the month?
- 2014-04-14: Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-11: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-07: GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-04-06: Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Be A "True Experience"
- 2014-03-20: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught DLC Free This Weekend
- 2014-03-15: Xbox 360 Spring Value Bundle Announced
- 2013-12-12: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Wolf DLC Releasing Today On Xbox One, 360
- 2013-12-09: Titanfall Debuts Ogre, Stryder Titan Classes In New Trailers