A couple of months ago, Nokia unveiled the Lumia 2520, a 10.1” Windows RT tablet, but it wasn’t too long after that announcement that rumors began to circulate that Nokia could have a smaller tablet in the works. Codenamed “Illusionist”, this particular tablet is said to be of the 8.3” variety, and subsequent rumors have suggested that the tablet could be known as the Lumia 2020 and was pegged for a 2014 release.
Recent rumors have surfaced and are now pointing at a device whose model number is the RX-115, which some are speculating to be the Nokia Lumia 2020 “Illusionist”. Not much was known about the Illusionist, apart from its codename and possible product name, but the recent rumor has revealed some of its specs, like how it would sport an 8.3” Full HD 1080p LCD display, as well as come with a SIM card slot for cellular connectivity.
However according to the shipping manifest, the device has been categorized as a cellphone, as opposed to a tablet. Given its size we doubt this is a phablet, but it could simply be that it was labeled as a cellphone for customs purposes. No word on when we might see the Lumia 2020 revealed, but with CES and MWC taking place early next year, perhaps we might learn more then.
- Microsoft Rumored To Be Launching Low-Cost Windows Tablets In India
- Galaxy NotePro 12.2 & G Pad 8.3 Pegged For 6th March Launch On Verizon [Rumor]
- Microsoft Surface Mini Rumored For June Announcement
- Alleged Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Specs Leaked
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued