Back in September, Apple announced both the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 5c, and also revealed that both phones would come with optional official cases of their own. The iPhone 5s got the leather case while the iPhone 5c got a weird polka dot case which has since been poked fun at and even compared to a food grater. Well it turns out that the iPhone 5s nearly got the same treatment, at least according to Michael Andrew who claims that on his blog that one of his sources had passed him a prototype case for the iPhone 5s which basically looks like the case pictured above.
If you’re wondering why it looks like the iPhone 5c’s case, it’s because it is, albeit with some changes in the dots on the back. According to Andrew, these cases were apparently used universally in Apple until they decided to scrap it for the iPhone 5s and went for the more “premium” leather case instead, which we’re sure many iPhone 5s users out there are grateful for. The prototype never made it to production but it was in its final stages. Of course there’s no telling if this is the actual case and if this is true at all, but either way true or not, how many of you guys are relieved that Apple didn’t go this route with the iPhone 5s?
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09: iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind
- 2014-03-04: Apple's M7 Continues To Track Even When Battery Is Dead