We have read some encouraging news about Google’s Android 4.4 KitKat has started to be part of the latest Android distribution statistics. Well, here we are with more news – or shall I say, rumors about an update to Android 4.4 KitKat, which would bring it to version Android 4.4.1 KitKat. There was speculation that this upcoming first update would most probably be able to solve the issue of displaying new translucent bars on the Nexus 10, although we are also aware that the Nexus 5 is not free of bugs, either.
The spotting of new server logs do point to the very real possibility of testing the Android 4.4.1 KitKat update. In fact, these server logs point to the Nexus 4, Nexus 5, and Nexus 7 running on Android 4.4.1, although the Nexus 10 remains missing from the list. HTC ROM developer LLabTooFeR has also stepped forward to share that the HTC One Google Play Edition will soon be on the receiving end of Android 4.4.1 (KOT49E) sometime “in near future”. If that were to be the case, would it be out of place if we were to think that other high end smartphones, such as the Samsung Galaxy S4, too, would eventually receive the Android 4.4.1 KitKat update in due time as well?
Next Story: Google Could Port Chrome Apps To Android And iOS
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arriving This Week
- 2014-04-01: Sony Xperia SP WIll Not Get Official Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-03-26: LG Optimus G To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat This Summer
- 2014-03-25: AT&T HTC One Mini To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Soon
- 2013-12-09: Android 4.4.2 KitKat Starts To Appear On Different Nexus Devices (Unofficial)
- 2013-12-09: KitKat Devices Feature Android Menu Button By Default
- 2013-11-28: Nexus One Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Custom ROM
- 2013-09-23: More Android 4.4 KitKat Screenshots Spotted