So what do you want to see under your Christmas tree this holiday season? We had heard reports of how Apple’s iPad Air managed to lead tablet sales during the holiday weekend, but it seems that iPad Airs aren’t the only Apple product that are highly desired for the holidays. According to a new survey conducted by market research firm, Parks Associates, it has been found that Apple’s desktop computers, like the iMacs, have managed to become the most sought after desktop computers for this particular holiday season. What’s even more spectacular is that Apple has for the first time managed to beat out the competition, such as Dell, HP, and Acer, with the former typically holiday the number one spot.
According to John Barrett, director, Consumer Analytic, “Apple topped the list of intended brands for desktop purchases for the first time this year […] In 2011 and 2012, Dell was the top desktop brand, but Apple has displaced it, making Apple now the most popular brand across even more key CE categories.” Other Apple products, such as the Apple TV, managed to nab the number one spot for the most sought after streaming media device, topping the likes of the Roku TV. It was not mentioned as to why Apple is suddenly seeing such popularity, but what do you guys think? Why does Apple seem to do extra well for itself during the holiday season compared to other brands?
- 2014-04-10: Low Cost iMac, 12-Inch Retina MacBook Air Expected This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-02: Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme Does Both Tablet And Notebook Dances
- 2014-03-28: The iMacompanion Adds A USB Port To The Front Of iMacs
- 2014-03-26: Microsoft And Dell Agree To License Each Other's Patents
- 2014-03-23: Dell Venue 8 Pro Receives New BIOS Update
- 2014-03-07: The Dell Precision M2800 Has An Affordable Price Tag