The original conclusion of Mass Effect 3 left much to be desired, so much so that the developers had to release an update that extended the ending which hopefully gave players a better conclusion. Now if you were worried that would be the end of the franchise, it’s not as BioWare has confirmed that a new Mass Effect game has been planned for either 2014 or 2015. Now the bad news for those who tuned in to the Spike TV VGX over the weekend was that there was no news shared regarding the new Mass Effect game, which we guess many had expected as Mass Effect 3’s trailer debuted back in 2010, but in any case the semi-good news is that if you wanted to learn more about the game, 2014 will probably be your best bet.
This is according to BioWare’s general manager, Aaryn Flynn, who stated that they are hoping that come 2014, the studio will be able to provide gamers with some answers to the future of the franchise. For those unfamiliar with the new Mass Effect game, the franchise will be a departure from the older series and will not be following the previous main character, Commander Shepard whose story basically concluded in Mass Effect 3. Instead we expect we will be getting a new storyline and new characters, but as Flynn stated, chances of us learning more will happen in 2014. Anyone else excited at a new Mass Effect title? Or was Mass Effect 3 the ending you’ve always wanted?
Next Story: Rockstar Teases Upcoming GTA 5 Update
- 2014-03-03: Remastered Mass Effect Trilogy Being Considered For PS4/Xbox One
- 2013-12-09: BioWare Hopes To Share More Mass Effect Details In 2014
- 2013-11-14: BioWare Unveils Sovereign Replica Statue
- 2013-08-01: Star Wars: The Old Republic Skips On Subscriber Reward Due To "Technical Hurdles"
- 2013-06-06: Star Wars: The Old Republic Asia Pacific Servers Shutting Down In Next Few Months
- 2013-03-04: Mass Effect 3: Citadel DLC Highlighted In New Trailer
- 2013-02-21: Mass Effect 3 Receiving Two New DLC Packs On Feb. 26, Mar. 5
- 2012-12-12: Next Mass Effect Coming In 2014 Or 2015, Says BioWare
- 2012-11-01: Mass Effect Trilogy for PS3 arriving this December