The excruciating wait for millions of China Mobile subscribers might finally end this Thursday, if the latest report from The Wall Street Journal is to be believed. It spotted an advertisement on the carrier’s website revealing that pre-orders for the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 5c will be accepted from Thursday, December 12th. Previously, the publication also reported that both China Mobile and Apple had finally signed the iPhone deal, however a spokesperson for the carrier quickly rubbished the report and said that while negotiations were ongoing, no deal had been reached as yet.
Even though a China Mobile spokeswoman declined to comment on the ad that went up on the website, the publication was told by a China Mobile customer representative that pre-orders for the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c will indeed begin on December 12th, ahead of the launch of China Mobile’s commercial 4G service on December 18th. The representative is also quoted as saying that the carrier is currently working on a pricing plan for the new iPhones and it hasn’t notified the customers representatives as yet about the price China Mobile intends to charge for Apple’s new smartphones. The ad also indicates that both new iPhones won’t be the only smartphones to support China Mobile’s 4G LTE network, the carrier is also offering TD-LTE compatible smartphones from Samsung and Sony.
- 2014-01-20: Apple Might Have Sold At Least 50 Million iPhones Last Quarter
- 2014-01-17: China Mobile Begins To Sell New iPhones Today
- 2014-01-15: Tim Cook 'Incredibly Optimistic' About Apple's Partnership With China Mobile
- 2014-01-14: China Mobile Reportedly Has Over 1 Million iPhone 5s Units At Launch
- 2014-01-07: China Telecom Discounts iPhone 5s Ahead Of China Mobile Launch
- 2013-12-22: Apple And China Mobile Deal Is Official, iPhones Arriving January 17th
- 2013-12-18: China Mobile Still In Talks With Apple For The iPhone
- 2013-12-05: Apple Signs iPhone Deal With China Mobile
- 2013-12-02: Screenshot Of Pre-registration Page For New iPhones On China Mobile Surfaces
- 2013-11-26: China Mobile 4G And iPhone Launch Confirmed By State News Agency