ZeptoLab’s Cut the Rope has arguably one of the most popular games on iOS and Android for quite some time as people just can’t seem to get enough of helping Om Nom enjoy a piece of candy at the end of each level. The game’s sequel, Cut the Rope 2, was said to be expected to be released this holiday season a few months ago, and today, we’re hearing the game will be released on December 19 exclusively on iOS devices.
As you’d expect, Cut the Rope 2 will once again star Om Nom, but new characters will also be introduced throughout the game as well as tweaks to the gameplay mechanics. Cut the Rope 2 will introduce new locations to explore and even new hats, which the game’s latest trailer assumes players will want to “brag” about them to their friends.
The new characters being introduced in Cut the Rope 2 won’t replace Om Nom in any way. Instead, each level looks like it will introduce a new character that will be used to offer a new gameplay mechanic to each level. ZeptoLab’s trailer shows off characters that will toss Om Nom into the air, will stack on top of one another to help solve a puzzle and scare him to access previously unreachable areas.
- 2014-04-22: Jailbroken iOS Devices Vulnerable To Apple ID And Password Stealing Malware
- 2014-04-21: Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20: Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20: Beats Music Embraces In-App Subscriptions To Drive Subscriber Base
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-03-30: Facebook Messenger iOS Update Brings Groups, Forwarding And More
- 2014-03-23: Twitter #Music Bites The Dust