I guess if there is one thing that corporations and companies should take note of, it would be this – one should never, ever, rest on one’s laurels. After all, you can never quite tell just when your company might fall behind the competitor so far that it would be nigh impossible to catch up with the rest of the pack. We have seen how the mighty have fallen in the past, and hence, having a slight sense of paranoia is not necessarily a bad thing. When it comes to the mobile operating system arena, it seems as though iOS and Android would continue to occupy top spots for years to come, but Forbes has a less optimistic outlook for iOS, touting that Windows Phone could eventually surpass the iOS market share in as little as 3 years’ time.
Sounds impossible? Forbes’ Mark Fidelman claims that the entire range of Windows Phone 8 mobile devices might just overtake the number of iOS devices in a matter of three years. The reason behind this projection is the fact that Windows Phone happens to be the fastest growing mobile platform, which happens more in emerging markets than anywhere else, while seeing a 48% year-over-year gain in the Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA) region; with Nokia enjoying a 366% year-over-year gain in sales in the US. Of course, when you scrutinize the statistics further, they tell a different story. For instance, hitting 5% market share from 3.5% might have a higher percentage increase, but it does not amount to much in terms of actual sales. Will Microsoft’s “One Microsoft” strategy also pan out to be a winner eventually? Only time will tell.
Next Story: Artificial Hand Lets You "Feel"
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-02-14: Windows Phone Steals Second Place From iOS In Brazil
- 2014-01-29: Windows Phone Will Overtake iOS In 2014 [Study]
- 2013-08-23: New Windows Phone Ad Highlights The Lumia 1020's Camera Abilities
- 2013-05-22: New Foursquare Apps Released With Improved Local Search