The internet search giant today released a redesigned Google Search app for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Its updated app comes with a slightly refined design that’s in line with the user interface changes that Apple has made in iOS 7, its latest and greatest mobile platform update. Subtle visual tweaks include the expansion of the overall user interface, as well as the filling of the entire screen by Google Now feed, once its invoked by swiping up from the bottom of the display.
Google Search iOS updated app offers a full screen browsing experience, launch the app and see the battery status bar disappear. However whenever Google Now is invoked, the status bar appears, but individual cards are now big enough that they fill the entirety of the display. The updated app also brings a fast and fluid native image search for iPads, thus allowing users to find the images they’re looking for within the app without having the need to launch Chrome for iOS. Smarter integration with Google Maps is also present, while it hasn’t been revealed just how deeply integrated this new feature is, pulling up maps in Google Search does seem a lot faster than before. A “Get directions” button appears in the top left hand corner, tapping it will redirect users to the Google Maps app for iOS. The updated Google Search app is available as a free download from the App Store.
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-04-07: Quitting iOS Apps Might Actually Cause Battery Drain, According To Former Apple Genius
- 2014-04-04: Apple's iPhone Almost Had An Always-On Display
- 2014-04-03: Next-Gen iOS Devices May Have Faster, Power Efficient LPDDR4 DRAM
- 2013-05-02: Google Now Doesn't Drain iOS Battery, Google Claims
- 2013-05-01: Stop Google Now From Draining Your iOS Device Battery
- 2013-02-11: Google Default Search Status in iOS Estimated At $1 Billion A Year
- 2013-01-25: Google Published iOS Apps Dominated 2012
- 2011-11-21: Google Search for iPad updated