If you’re looking forward to furnishing your home with the latest in audio and video equipment, you might want to take a look at what LG has recently announced. The South Korean company has recently announced a series of new audio and visual products that they are planning on demonstrating at CES 2014, but in the meantime here is what you can expect. LG’s latest products include the SoundPlate (LAB540W), the Wireless Audio System (NP8740), and Sound Bar (NB5540).
Starting with the SoundPlate, this is a relatively thin audio device that LG claims will sit nicely beneath the likes of 32” to 55” TVs, and due to its small form factor, it will help to reduce clutter in the living room. It will feature 4.1 channel and a 320 watt sound system and an external wireless subwoofer (we’re not sure if this is included or an added option) and is said to be able to deliver audio in multiple directions. It also sports a 3D Blu-ray player with LG Smart TV functionality and can even receive streaming content from another device over WiFi or Bluetooth.
Next up would be LG’s Wireless Audio System that lets users stream audio over their home through the use of WiFi. The system can be configured to either play the same song through all the speakers, or users can choose which songs that come out of each speaker. For example the living room could be playing one type of music, while the bedroom could play a different type of music. The Wireless Audio System also comes with an accompanying app that will make its control a lot easier.
Last but not least would be the Sound Bar, which like the SoundPlate, has been built to reduce clutter in the living room. The device will feature a Hi-Fi DAC and Analog Class D amp that should sit well with audiophiles, with LG claiming that it will be able to deliver clean and natural sound. The Sound Bar will also support HDMI and Audio Return Channel and just like the SoundPlate, will support streaming over Bluetooth.
Pricing and availability have yet to be announced, but we expect more will be known at CES 2014, so be sure to check back with us then for the details.
- 2014-04-16 Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-01-17 Best of CES 2014 Ubergizmo Awards
- 2014-01-10 Dive Is The $89 Alternative To The Oculus Rift
- 2014-01-10 The Matias SecurePro Keyboard Comes With 128-bit AES Encryption
- 2014-01-10 Bens Electric cPot Cloud Intelligent Cooking Appliance
- 2014-01-06 LG + WebOS = Simpler TV? Possibly!
- 2014-01-06 LG SoundPlate Doubles As A Speaker System And Home Entertainment Hub
- 2014-01-06 LG Gallery OLED EA8800: Slim And Smart 55 HDTV
- 2014-01-06 LG 105UC9 105-inch 21:9 UHD Television
- 2014-01-06 LG EC9800 77-inch Ultra HD Curved OLED TV