Have you ever wondered as to why certain companies like to roll out a “mini” version of a perfectly fine and working handset? Perhaps it is because they have already done their bit to position the brand of the smartphone in such a way where it might cost even more money to actually start branding a new kind of device, so why not save that dough with some of the work already completed, use a similar looking chassis at a smaller physical form factor with lesser specs, and rely on the same name, except that there is the suffix “mini” behind it? The LG G2 too, might be on the receiving end of the mini treatment, where the display is tipped to be 4.7″ in size.
Come to think of it, 4.7″ is not mini by any means if you were to roll back the clock by a couple of years, heck, it is still bigger than what the iPhone 5s has. It remains to be seen just what kind of resolution will the 4.7″ display carry, although it is widely tipped to arrive with 2GB RAM and a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 CPU. Pundits speculate that it could be unveiled at CES which is all set to kick off in less than a month’s time.
Next Story: DIY Street View Is Now Available
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future
- 2014-03-31: Sprint LG G2 Mini Carries Model Number LS885
- 2014-03-26: LG G2 Mini Worldwide Launch Delivers Premium Experience To Mid-Range Devices