While digital appears to be the way of the future, going old school is not a bad thing. In fact there are photography enthusiasts out there who still love film cameras and use them to take photos, even though it means that they are unable to “delete” their mistakes and that it would cost them money and time to get their film washed. Either way there’s something very retro about using film cameras, and if you’re a fan of said technology, you might be interested to learn that a listing on eBay has revealed a certain Nikon FA camera, except instead of your normal Nikon FA, this particular model is a limited edition one that comes with a 24k gold plated finish with lizard skin.
According to the eBay listing, the seller is asking for $12,000 for the camera and despite the eBay listing stating that it is used, the description states that this is a camera that has never been used before. Nikon’s own description of the camera reads as such, “In commemoration of winning the “Camera Grand Prix” prize, Nikon FA Gold was released in Japan (Nippon). This was based on the FA, and its silver color parts such as top and bottom covers are gold-plated and the lizard skin was used for leather cover.” Apparently only 2,000 units were made and while we reckon it’s still in great working condition, we doubt many photographers will be using it to take photos!
- 2014-04-10: Nikon 1 J4 Is Official
- 2014-04-10: Nikon Coolpix S810c Announced, Runs On Android
- 2014-04-09: Alleged Nikon 1 J4 Photo And Specs Leaked
- 2014-03-28: Nikon Issues Replacement Or Equivalent Model For D600 DSLR
- 2014-03-14: Nikon 1 V3 Official Sample Photos Released
- 2011-10-26: Nikon lens speaker - not something you can shoot with