LG today launched its new Pocket Photo 2.0 “smart mobile printer,” touted as an excellent travel companion, this nifty little printer can connect through NFC and Bluetooth with Android and iOS mobile devices and let users print custom 5.1 x 7.6cm photos. The new LG Pocket Photo is 4mm thinner than its predecessor but it doesn’t compromise on performance. In fact, the new model offers more prints per charge, 30 to be precise, with each printed picture being rendered at 313 dpi or dots-per-inch. To begin printing, all users have to do is download the free Pocket Photo editing app and connect their smartphone or tablet with it.
The app has been updated as well, it features an expanded range of customization options. There is a new set of filter effects and a clever frame augmentation feature. Users will also be able to embed QR codes into photos printed through the LG Pocket Photo. To print photos, the printer employs ZINK technology, which eliminates the need for ink cartridges, ribbons or toner. The technology uses heat to fire up the necessary color-forming chemistry, which is already imbedded in each sheet of paper. The new LG Pocket Photo Printer will be available in pink, jewel white and lime yellow, it is already available for purchase in China whereas global roll out is scheduled in 2014. The Korean company will be showcasing this gadget at the Consumer Electronics Show 2014 next month.
- 2014-04-08: LG And Harman/Kardon Partner To Deliver Quality Audio For OLED And Ultra HD TVs
- 2014-04-08: LG G Watch Pegged For July Release, Priced At £180
- 2014-04-01: T-Mobile LG L90 This April 23rd (Rumor)
- 2014-03-31: Sprint LG G2 Mini Carries Model Number LS885
- 2014-03-31: LG Unveils Interesting Lighting Solutions
- 2014-01-06: LG + WebOS = Simpler TV? Possibly!
- 2014-01-06: LG SoundPlate Doubles As A Speaker System And Home Entertainment Hub
- 2014-01-06: LG Gallery OLED EA8800: Slim And Smart 55 HDTV
- 2014-01-06: LG 105UC9 105-inch 21:9 UHD Television
- 2014-01-06: LG EC9800 77-inch Ultra HD Curved OLED TV