The Nintendo Wii U, while launched with the best of intentions, did not take off the way Nintendo had envisioned, with retailers complaining about poor sales, and with newer consoles such as the Xbox One and PS4 overtaking the console’s lifetime sales in less than a month since their launch. There are a myriad of reasons why the Wii U is not doing well, with some claiming that the lack of blockbuster titles being one of them. In any case titles such as Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. are expected to arrive in 2014, which is why according to Play.com, they expect the Wii U to dominate the Christmas sales, which we can only presume is due to customers buying the console in anticipation of said titles.
According to the company, they have predicted that the Wii U will actually be more popular than the Xbox One and the PS4 consoles in Christmas, especially amongst children. They are basing this on Twitter analysis which found that the Wii U and the iPad are among the more talked about presents for children this Christmas holiday. Could Play.com be overly optimistic? We guess we will just have to wait and see, but in the meantime what do you guys think? Will the Wii U prove its popularity this Christmas holiday?
- 2014-04-24 Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle Confirmed By Nintendo
- 2014-04-23 Ace Attorney 3DS Takes Place In Late 1800s
- 2014-04-23 Mario Kart 8 Demo Rumored For Release Ahead Of Official Game
- 2014-04-22 Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call Confirmed
- 2014-04-22 New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-04-17 Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17 Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle