Is there a perfect smartphone somewhere out there? I know, since 2007, there have been many who would have sworn by the fact that the iPhone could have been the perfect smartphone, while over the years, fans of the Android platform too, have their fair share on what the perfect Android-powered device is. Well, Pete Lau who stepped down as VP of Chinese electronics maker Oppo, has recently announced that he will be staking out in a brand new venture that he has called OnePlus.
This is in line with previous rumors about Lau leaving Oppo in order to start a company of his own. OnePlus is a venture that carries the promise to spare not a single cent when it comes to constructing the perfect smartphone. Other than Lau’s announcement to make the “best possible product for users worldwide”, there was no mention of any operating system either, although it has been speculated that CyanogenMod will be working on a new smartphone with the man himself. There were also other whispers that point toward Oppo being the manufacturer of this new smartphone. I personally would have liked to see a different name other than OnePlus, as it seems to be too close to HTC’s very own HTC One smartphone in terms of naming convention.
- 2014-04-11: Oppo R1 Drops By The FCC
- 2014-04-07: Oppo Find 7a Pre-Order Going For $499 Apiece
- 2014-04-01: Oppo Find 7a Pre-Order Comes With Goodies
- 2014-03-30: Oppo Find 7a International Pre-Orders Begin April 7th
- 2014-03-25: OnePlus Takes A Swing At All New HTC One
- 2014-03-09: Alleged OnePlus One AnTuTu Benchmark Impresses
- 2014-03-05: OnePlus Smartphone To Arrive In 10 Countries At Launch
- 2014-02-27: OnePlus One Price Under $400
- 2014-01-23: OnePlus One International Release Slated For Q2, 2014