Just last week we heard the rumors that Samsung could be thinking of launching 8-inch and 10-inch tablets that featured Super AMOLED displays. This would be a change in Samsung’s typical lineup where their tablet displays aren’t usually as powerful as their smartphones, possibly in a bid to save money. Now according to a recent sighting, a certain Samsung SM-T331 has surfaced in India and while it remains unknown as to what the device could be, many are starting to speculate that this could be one of the rumored Super AMOLED tablets that Samsung plans to launch in 2014.
While it remains unknown as to what the device could be, the shipping manifest has revealed the device to be a tablet, and its price has been set at Rs. 33,884, which when converted is around $550 which is definitely around the price one might pay for a high-end device. Also based on model numbers, like the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 sporting the model numbers SM-T310, SM-T311, and SM-T315, it would be safe to assume that the SM-T331 could be of the 8-inch variety as well. Either way we’ll try not to speculate too much for now, but hopefully come CES or MWC 2014, Samsung will have more details to share with the rest of us.
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fooled By Fake Fingerprints
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Costs $256 To Build, According To IHS Teardown