The age of smart TVs is upon us with a number of major manufacturers already having thrown their hats in the ring. Samsung is one of the companies that has a major presence in the smart TV market and it is due to make a number of related announcements at the CES 2014 next month. The company has announced that its 2014 smart TVs will come with enhanced features that will increase usability. The company will showcase one such 2014 smart TV at CES 2014.
Samsung’s voice interaction service, which is capable of understanding natural languages, is available in 11 countries right now and next year it will be expanded in 12 additional markets. The service has been enhanced to focus on frequently used functions and usage patterns of the users. Changing the channel will get easier as well, users will simply need to say the channel number as opposed to giving the “Channel Change” and “Channel Number” commands right now. Motion control gets enhanced with the introduction of a “finger gesture” feature that lets users change channels, adjust volume and search through content using just their fingers. Motioning the fingers counterclockwise takes users back to the previous screen or stops the video. Samsung is also expected to make a number of other exciting announcements at the show, we certainly look forward to all of them.
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-01-08: Yahoo Smart TV Introduced
- 2014-01-08: Samsung U9500 And U9B TVs Arriving In Second Half Of 2014
- 2014-01-08: Samsung 85-Inch 4K Bendable TV Prototype Making Waves At CES
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2014-01-06: Samsung ATIV One 7 2014 Edition AIO Desktop System Announced