The other day we reported that Samsung was rumored to be working on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite that could possibly see an announcement at MWC 2014. Based on the product’s name itself, we could only assume that this would be a slightly less powerful version of the Galaxy Note 3 and would be priced more affordably. According to recent rumors, it would seem as though Samsung has begun production on the Galaxy Note 3 Lite on the 12th of December, and according to the report, Samsung is expecting that the Galaxy Note 3 Lite will account for 30% of total Galaxy Note 3 sales.
Assuming that this is case, that would be a lot of Galaxy Note 3 Lite units sold! Last we heard the Galaxy Note 3 managed to achieve 10 million units sold in just 60 days alone, so if we’re basing it on that, it means that Samsung expects to sell at least 3 million units. Since the specs of the Galaxy Note 3 Lite is not official, the rumors are claiming that the handset will be keeping the same display at 5.68”, but it might switch from Super AMOLED to LCD, and will see its camera downgraded from 13MP to 8MP instead. Take it with a grain of salt for now, but we’ll keep our eyes peeled and hopefully we will learn more at MWC 2014.
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2014-01-10: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite Pictured Next To Galaxy Note 3
- 2014-01-08: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite Could Feature A Hexa-Core Chipset
- 2014-01-02: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite Specs Found Hidden In Samsung's Website
- 2013-12-02: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite Rumored For MWC 2014 Announcement