Ever published a tweet that you wish you had taken time to edit before putting it out there on the internet? Unfortunately as it stands, there is no way to edit a tweet, save for actually deleting the entire thing, but according to The Desk’s Matthew Keys, word has it that Twitter is currently working on an edit function that will allow users to edit their tweets “slightly”, and only once. Basically Twitter does not want the overall message of the tweet to be completely changed, and while a Twitter spokesperson declined to comment on the rumored feature, here’s how it is supposed to work.
After publishing a tweet, the edit button will appear for a brief period of time. The exact duration remains unknown, but presumably we won’t be able to edit tweets we made last week. From there theu user will be able to correct typos or any grammatical errors, or perhaps even edit a hashtag to use one that is trending at the moment, and other small changes, but like we said, the overall message will remain more or less the same. Just like Facebook, Twitter probably works on numerous projects that will help enhance or improve its service, but at the same time it does not mean it will be realized, but what do you guys think? Would you like an “edit” button for Twitter?
Next Story: New Mac Pros Spotted At Apple Store In The UK
- Microsoft Interested In Purchasing A Stake In DailyMotion [Rumor]
- Facebook Reportedly Hiring Editors For Paper
- Facebook Rumored To Be Interested In Acquiring Indian Startup Company
- YouTube Rumored To Launch Subscription-based Music Service Later This Year
- The Wall Street Journal Reportedly Looking To Launch Social Network Of Their Own