Early on in 2013, we heard the rumors that Apple could be planning a larger iPad with a 12.9-inch display. This was an odd move given that prior to the iPad mini, Apple remain staunch in their belief that the iPad’s display size was the perfect one for a tablet, so to see them swing towards a mini version and an even larger version of the iPad is a little odd, although admittedly not completely out of the question. In any case according to the rumors, the alleged iPad Pro has been rumored for a 2014 release, the second half to be specific, and if you wanted an even more specific release date, DigiTimes is expecting that it will most likely be in Q3 that we will see it launch.
Given that Apple has switched out the launch dates of their iPads from the first half of the year (as they did with the iPad 3) to the second half of the year (the iPad 4 and iPad mini), we guess if Apple were to make any iPad announcements, it will most likely be around that time of the year as well. Now the specs of Apple’s alleged iPad Pro have been revealed to come with a 2K display and eye-tracking technology, but apart from that not much else is known, such as its processor and design. Take it with a grain of salt for now, but what do you guys think? Any of you interested in a larger iPad?
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-03-18: Apple Reportedly Picks Samsung To Manufacture iPad Mini Display Panels
- 2014-03-17: iPad 4 Rumored To Replace iPad 2 As Lower-Cost iPad
- 2014-03-17: Office For iPad Could Be Announced Before The End Of March
- 2014-02-16: iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued