One of the upcoming features of Windows Phone 8.1 is a new notification center and while we wait to see if the rumors are true, Tom Warren of WinRumors has tweeted a photo of what he claims is the only Windows Phone 8.1 screenshot that is genuine. Admittedly there has been a lot of Windows Phone 8.1 related rumors making their way around the internet these days and like most rumors, it is hard to tell which are fake and which are real, however given Warren’s reputation and his claims that he has seen Windows Phone 8.1 a bunch of times, perhaps the blurry image captured above is indeed the real thing.
Based on the photo, it seems like Microsoft will be drawing inspiration from other platforms by allowing the access of quick settings in the notification center, which is admittedly a nice touch as it is pretty convenient. The notification center will be one of the many new features introduced in the update. We have heard how Microsoft could finally be introducing a voice assistant feature, much like Siri except that it will be called Cortana after the AI character in Halo. Last we heard, the rumors claimed that Microsoft will be launching the update come April at their BUILD conference, so be sure to check back with us for more details, but until then take it with a grain of salt.
Next Story: TegraZone Now On All Android Hardware
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview Version Revealed
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Could Be Released Today [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: Microsoft Looks Into 3D Face Scanner Using Windows Phone Handset
- 2014-03-12: Windows Phone 8.1 Camera UI Demonstrated On Video
- 2014-03-04: Cortana For Windows Phone Caught On Video
- 2014-02-18: Swipe Keyboard For Windows Phone 8.1 Caught On Video
- 2014-02-18: Windows Phone 8.1 Icons Reveals Cortana's Features
- 2014-02-04: Samsung SM-W750V Windows Phone Gets Pictured