It’s been about a year since BlackBerry 10 was first announced and released to the masses, meaning that it’s also about time that BlackBerry get ready to release an update to its smartphone platform, and with this update we are expecting some big things which is what companies such as Apple and Google do when they announce their yearly OS updates. In any case last we heard, the next version of BlackBerry 10 is expected to be BlackBerry 10.2.1 and according to the latest rumors, the 28th of January could be when BlackBerry is expected to roll out the update to its users.
At the moment it is still being debated as to which regions might get it first. Some claim that it will be EMEA and APAC, while others claim that it will be a global rollout, which we’re guess is probably the preferred method by BlackBerry users around the world. After all no one really likes to wait, right? The update is expected to introduce a host of new functions and features and improvements, such as a floating action bar and a back button, although one of the more notable features would be the ability to directly download an Android APK file and run it straight away without the need to sideload them, something which the less tech savvy user will appreciate.
In any case do take it with a grain of salt for now, but fret not as we’ll definitely keep our eyes peeled for more information regarding the availability of BlackBerry 10.2.1, so be sure to check back with us next week to see if there is any official news to be had!
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2014-04-13: BlackBerry Windermere Concept Case Renders Surface