Will the Samsung Galaxy S5 come with a fingerprint scanner, something along the lines of TouchID found on the iPhone 5s? Well thanks to a recent post by the ever reliable @evleaks, the good news is that if you’re a fan of biometric protection, you might find one in the Samsung Galaxy S5. @evleaks has posted what appears to be some kind of screenshot of a file that has been titled “FingerprintService.apk” which he claims to have originated from the Samsung Galaxy S5. Of course it does not take a photoshop master to recreate something similar, but given @evleaks’ track record to date, his information could be seen as more reliable than most.
In any case @evleaks’ post only goes on to corroborate earlier rumors that suggested that a fingerprint scanner could be part of the Galaxy S5. In fact if anything, it feels like the Galaxy S5 could be a very sensor-heavy handset as we have heard that Samsung could be incorporating better hand-based gestures as well. It was originally rumored that the Galaxy S5 could feature an eye scanner but apparently those rumors have since been debunked. In any case as with all rumors, take it with a grain of salt for now, but who’s excited to see fingerprint technology make its way into the Galaxy S5?
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Vs .50 Caliber Rifle: Fight!
- 2014-02-25: PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-24: Samsung Galaxy S5 Review: Hands-On
- 2014-02-21: Samsung MWC Trailer Hints At Waterproof & Dustproof Features
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 Could Come In A Gold Option [Rumor]
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 'Kids Mode' Rumored