[CES 2014] Lenovo today announced a “super-sized” smartphone that’s big on multimedia. The S930 touts a 6 inch 1,280×720 pixel resolution display which effectively places it in the phablet category. It has a 1.3GHz quadcore MediaTek processor under the hood coupled with 1GB of RAM and 8GB of onboard storage. The S930 also has support for dual SIM cards, which will definitely make it an enticing candidate in a number of emerging markets.
The smartphone offers a number of gesture and motion based controls, it runs Android 4.2 out of the box and offers a native “Super Camera” application. Dual front facing speakers and Dolby Digital Plus audio aim to enhance the users’ entertainment experience, while the 8 megapixel rear and 1.6 megapixel front cameras tout decent shooting capabilities. The Lenovo S930 has a silver body with a laser etched “fabric-feel.” Its compatible with WCDMA and GSM networks and offers a number of directional sensors for “exciting 3D game play.” Lenovo S930 starts at $319 and will immediately be available in the countries where the the company sells its smartphones.
The Lenovo S650 is a compact and relatively afforadable offering. It has a 4.7 inch 960×540 pixel resolution display, a 1.3GHz quadcore MediaTek processor with 1GB RAM and 8GB of onboard storage. Billed as a “slim device without the heavy price tag,” this smartphone is 8.7mm thin and weighs just 0.27 lbs. It has the same 8 megapixel rear camera as the S930 but offers a 0.3 megapixel front camera.
Touting the same silver body with laser-etched “fabric feel,” Lenovo S650 is compatible with WCDMA and GSM networks, offers Lenovo’s latest launcher customizations and as well as gesture and motion based controls baked into Android 4.2. It also supports dual SIM cards as well as microSD cards up to 32GB. Super Camera app is present as well. The Lenovo S650 starts at $229 and will also be immediately available in all countries where Lenovo has smartphone presence.
Next Story: LG webOS TV Cards User Interface Leaked
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-01-09: Huawei Debuts Tron Android-Powered Gaming Console
- 2014-01-07: Meizu MX3 U.S. Launch Planned For Q3, 2014
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2014-01-06: LG Lifeband Touch
- 2014-01-05: Lenovo N308 AIO Android Desktop System Announced