[CES 2014] Last year Lenovo launched the Flex 14 inch and 15 inch laptops. These are unique machines, capable of “flexible,” meaning that the display can be opened at an angle of 300 degress to enter “stand mode” which basically makes use of the laptop’s keyboard as a stand for the display. We reviewed the Lenovo Flex 14 soon after it was announced and found that it offered nice specs and a decent battery life, giving it an overall product rating of 6/10. At the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Lenovo has now unveiled the new Flex 14D and 15D laptops.
The laptops stick to their “flexing roots,” boasting 10 point touch IPS displays which can be flipped 300 degress so that users can choose between stand mode and laptop mode. Powered by Windows 8.1 the Flex 14D and 15D laptops offer improved performance with their up to AMD A6-5200 processors, AMD HD8570 graphics and up to 8GB of DDR3L RAM.
Connectivity features include USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HDMI, 2 in 1 card reader, Bluetooth 4.0 and Wi-Fi. Customers will have the option to opt for a 1TB hard disk or a 500GB Hybrid SSHD with an integrated 16GB NAND flash. The laptops also feature speakers with Dolby Advanced Audio v2, a multi-touch trackpad optimized for Windows 8 and an optional Backlit Accutype keyboard. The laptops are just 21.mm thin and start at 4.6lbs. Lenovo claims that the battery life is good for nine hours. The Lenovo Flex 14D and 15D both start at $499 and will be available through major retailers and the company’s website.
Next Story: Kolibree Connected Electric ToothBrush
- 2014-04-21: Uber Giveaway: Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro, Yoga Tablet 8 and Mixx 2
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo FLEX 2 Laptops Announced
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo Z40 & Z50 Entertainment-Focused Laptops Announced
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo A540 AIO Desktop PC Announced
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-01-05: Lenovo ThinkVision Pro2840m: 28 Inch 4K Display
- 2014-01-05: Lenovo ThinkVision 28 Smart 4K Andoid Display
- 2014-01-05: Lenovo C560 Reshapes Affordable Touch Computer
- 2014-01-05: Lenovo N308 AIO Android Desktop System Announced
- 2014-01-05: Lenovo Yoga 2 Announced With 11-inch And 13-inch Models