[CES 2014] It seems that those who happen to own the Magellan Echo Smart Sports Watch will be pleased as punch to hear the unveiling of new sporting app categories as well as the inclusion of new colors for the Echo Smart Sports Watch at this year’s edition of CES. These additional sporting applications will include the likes of golf, skiing, hiking, and other outdoor activities to its capabilities. Apart from that, the two new colors that offers more options would comprise of Dark Blue and Gray. Being an open platform, the Echo has been specially designed to work with any app which is able to leverage a ruggedized, sporty smartwatch.
It has now been confirmed that leading apps including Golf Pad, FreeCaddie and AllTrails will be offering support for Echo in the near future. Relying on Bluetooth Smart to hook up a smartphone and watch, it places the power of a smartphone right on the user’s wrist. The Echo is said to play nice with the iPhone 4S, 5, 5C and 5S, while Android fans will have to wait for compatibility issues to be worked out until slightly later this year. Are you stoked that Magellan’s Echo Smart Sports Watch has gotten such a boost?
- 2014-01-17 Best of CES 2014 Ubergizmo Awards
- 2014-01-10 Dive Is The $89 Alternative To The Oculus Rift
- 2014-01-10 The Matias SecurePro Keyboard Comes With 128-bit AES Encryption
- 2014-01-10 Bens Electric cPot Cloud Intelligent Cooking Appliance
- 2014-01-09 WiTricity Charges iPhone Sans Wires
- 2013-10-03 Pack Your Hunting Gear: Magellan eXplorist 350H GPS Arrives At The US
- 2013-07-23 Magellan Echo Smart Running Watch Announced
- 2012-07-30 Magellan eXplorist TOPO! Special Editions for hikers announced
- 2012-07-10 Magellan eXplorist 510 Marine Edition announced