Microsoft’s search for a new CEO has seen a fair number of rumors go through the doors of the company, where some of these rumored candidates have taken the pro-active step of distancing themselves from such whispers over the grapevine. well, it seems that the committee over at Microsoft who were supposed to pick a Steve Ballmer replacement has taken more time than originally thought by the masses, and the latest rumor concerning this soon-to-be-vacant CEO position touts that the software giant might name its new CEO sometime next week, where it will most likely be someone who is already working with Microsoft. An internal promotion, so to speak.
According to the folks over at Re/code.net, Satya Nadella, who happens to lead Microsoft’s cloud services division at this point in time, would stand a pretty high chance of making it at the top helm. Nadella became part of the Microsoft family in 1992, and that should be long enough for him to be familiar with the inner workings of Microsoft, not to mention having a deep technical background.
Current Ford CEO Alan Mulally was a name that cropped up frequently in the past few months, but he has already stepped forward to give a negative answer, knowing where his future lies.
Next Story: Twitter iOS App Photo Editing Features Revamped
- 2014-04-24 Microsoft Surface Mini Accessories Listed By Amazon Retailer
- 2014-04-24 Microsoft-Nokia Deal Sees Some Last Minute Changes
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft Trademarks Filed Are Game-Related
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft States Their Commitment To Qualcomm's Hardware
- 2014-04-23 Remote Desktop Preview App For Windows Phone 8.1 Released