When the Moto X was first announced, its availability was limited to just the US, but last we heard, the phone could be making its way to Europe and sure enough it has as Motorola has officially announced that the Moto X smartphone will be available in the UK and Gemrany starting on the 1st of February 2014. The Moto X is a rather unique handset because while it might not necessarily come with the fancy hardware and high-end features like other Android devices, it does come with pretty interesting software features, such as the always-listening mode that allows users to activate their phone without touching it at all, along with the Moto Maker feature that allows for further customization of the device.
In any case it seems that the UK and Germany will not be the recipient of the Moto Maker feature, at least not initially, but presumably it will be added at a later date. For those living in the UK, you will be able to pick up the handset fully unlocked for £380 which is around $624 after conversion, while those in Germany can expect to pay €429. Despite the Moto X’s unique features, it will be interesting to see how well it will be received in the UK and Germany. After all with MWC around the corner, we expect newer and more powerful smartphones, which means that forking out £380 for the Moto X might not be as attractive compared to a few months ago. What do you guys think? Any of our UK/Germany readers planning on picking up the Moto X?
- 2014-04-13 Moto X+1 Customizable Options Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06 Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06 Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-01 Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2014-03-17 AT&T Moto X Android 4.4.2 KitKat Soak Test Kicks Off
- 2014-03-07 Motorola Moto X College Collection Launched