Does Sony have a curved display smartphone in the works? If we didn’t know any better, the photo above would seem to suggest just that, but as it turns out it’s actually from a series of photos that have been posted online where different Sony Xperia Z1 owners have complained that their phones have started to bend, although the exact reason is unclear. The Xperia Z1 is made from aluminum which is a relatively soft material which is why its ability to bend when enough pressure is put upon it is not completely out of the question. However whether these Xperia Z1 owners have been sitting on their phones or if they have warped due to another reason is unclear at this point in time.
The users themselves report that they have not put any additional force onto the phones that would cause it to bend, so what could it be? The photos also appear to be real and not photoshopped (although we’re no expert so if you think they are, let us know!), and this is also the first time we’re hearing about the Xperia Z1 warping, which is surprising given that the phone has been in the market for a few months now. In any case we did not encounter this issue with our review unit but any Xperia Z1 owners out there can vouch for these claims?
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17 Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-03-10 Sony Xperia Z2's Stereo Speakers Compared Against The Xperia Z1
- 2014-01-30 Sony Xperia Z1 And Xperia Z Ultra Gets Software Update
- 2014-01-20 Sony Sirius Compared With Xperia Z1 Side By Side
- 2013-12-16 Xperia Z1 Launched In China As The L39t
- 2013-12-16 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Rolling Out To Sony Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra