Last we heard, Android 4.4.2 is said to be making its way onto T-Mobile’s Moto X in the near future, and if you’re wondering how soon is that, perhaps the next couple of days could be it. This new rumor is according to an anonymous US Cellular representative who claims that the carrier is ready to push out Android 4.4.2 KitKit to its own Moto X handsets in the US. Of course given that this roll out is for US Cellular customers only, we can’t speak for the availability of Android 4.4.2 KitKat for other carriers, but presumably they should be rolling out, at least that’s what the rumors seem to suggest.
Those of you who own a US Cellular Moto X, you will be able to check for the updates by going to your phone’s Settings, About Device, and Check for Updates to scan manually to see if there are any updates to be had. Of course we expect the updates will be rolled out in phases so even if your friend gets theirs first, don’t worry as we expect that yours should not be too far behind. In any case we’ll definitely be keeping our eyes peeled for the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for the US Cellular Moto X, but in the meantime take it with a grain of salt for now and try not to get your hopes up just yet.
- 2014-04-22: US Cellular Launches New 4G LTE Router
- 2014-04-13: Moto X+1 Customizable Options Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2014-03-17: AT&T Moto X Android 4.4.2 KitKat Soak Test Kicks Off
- 2013-09-04: Moto X Now Available From US Cellular
- 2013-08-01: Moto X Up For Pre-Order Via US Cellular, Will Come With Free Wireless Headset
- 2013-07-19: Moto X Could Arrive On US Cellular 26th August
- 2013-06-18: US Cellular Moto X Is The XT1055