“There’s an app for that”, or so the saying goes. Of course, a lot of what an app can or cannot do also depends on the developer, if you get someone who is brilliant enough to churn out something which everyone loves and cannot live without, then chances are you’ve landed yourself a winner. The Apple iPhone is one particular mobile platform that has its fair number of apps (and counting, mind you!), so it is not surprising to see the iPhone turn up on fashion runways, only to have the mobile device actually control some of the garments paraded by models on the catwalk.
This unique range of fashion happens to hail from wearable tech pioneers Ryan Genz and Francesca Rosella of CuteCircuit. The two of them have definitely done their bit to expand the borders of fashion when it comes to the incorporation of technology, and their latest haute-tech collection is highly wearable – and some say, practical even. Several of the garments on display happen to be controlled by your smartphone, where most of these would not look out of place in a 22nd century community, or within the realms of science fiction premises such as Star Wars, Star Trek and Tron.
Next Story: Virtual Reality Brings Runway Show To Shoppers
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2013-06-20: Shirt Designed For The iPhone Comes With Microfiber Cloth Sewn Into It