We heard earlier this month that Facebook was working on an app that would rival Flipboard. Last week the company confirmed that it was indeed developing such an app, it was formally unveiled on January 30th as Paper. Starting today, people in the U.S. can download Facebook Paper app for iOS. The idea behind this app is to make it easier for users to explore and share stories from their friends as well as from the world around them. The immersive design has garnered a lot of praise from critics after Facebook released the official images of Paper, from today the public can start to use the app and form their own opinion of it.
Every user’s individual Paper will consist of stories from their Facebook News Feed in a totally new layout. Users will also have the ability to customize their Paper with sections about their favorite themes and interests. They can craft their own stories and see a preview prior to publishing, can watch fullscreen videos, use simple movements to flow through the app and tilt the screen to explore high-resolution photos as well. So not only is the Paper app an entirely different news reader, its effectively a whole new way to read Facebook, one that’s much more immersive and sleek than the official Facebook iOS app. It remains to be seen when Paper is released on Android. Users can download Facebook Paper app from the App Store for free.
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations