Earlier in January, it was announced that Square Enix’s Final Fantasy VI made its way onto Android devices. This was a little odd given that Square Enix’s releases tend to be for both iOS and Android, and sometimes iOS first followed by Android. Well for whatever reason the iOS version was not released alongside the Android version, but the good news for iOS gamers is that if Final Fantasy VI is a game you’ve been looking forward to, you can now play it on your device as Square Enix has officially released the game for iOS.
The game was initially announced back in 2013 where it was expected to see a release in winter on both the iOS and Android platform. Final Fantasy VI is one of the more iconic games from back in the day where 2D games still reigned supreme. The iOS version is expected to be similar to the one gamers enjoyed back in the day, except that it been optimized for touch devices. It will also feature improved graphics which the developers claim to have been recreated from scratch, with one of the main designers from the Final Fantasy franchise lending his hand to the mobile game.
The game’s data will also be saved onto iCloud meaning that you will be able to play it on multiple devices and pick up where you left off. As expected to Square Enix’s mobile games, Final Fantasy VI will not come cheap and is priced at $15.99, but that’s the small price one would have to pay to play such a classic game. To check it out or download, hit up the iTunes App Store for the details.
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-11: Hitman GO Arriving On iOS 17th April
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-04-07: Quitting iOS Apps Might Actually Cause Battery Drain, According To Former Apple Genius
- 2014-04-04: Apple's iPhone Almost Had An Always-On Display
- 2013-06-06: Deus Ex: The Fall Announced For iOS And Android
- 2013-03-20: Final Fantasy V To Arrive On The Japanese iTunes App Store By The End Of March
- 2011-11-22: Chrono Trigger coming to iOS in December