A few days back Samsung U.S. released an official list of devices that will be getting the Android 4.4 KitKat update in the near future. This finally cleared up the matter for millions of users in the country, many of whom had been wondering exactly when the company will push out the latest iteration of Google’s mobile operating system for their devices. A similar list has come up from the folks at Samsung Poland, it contains the monikers of 16 “international” variants of various Samsung devices, all of which will get the Android 4.4 update. Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 is missing from that list.
In order to clear things up, a Poland based blogger got in touch with the company’s arm in the country to seek clarification. He was told by a spokesperson for Samsung Poland that Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 update will not be released as the device doesn’t have sufficient memory. This particular variant has 1GB of RAM, while stock Android 4.4 KitKat only requires 512MB. The problem could be with TouchWiz, Samsung’s heavy custom user interface that’s slapped on every Android device it rolls out. Its highly likely that this won’t sit well with millions of GT-I9300 owners around the world, so it remains to be seen if the company changes its decision based on the feedback it gets.
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-04-01: Samsung Launches The All New Galaxy Tab 4 Lineup
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected By End Of March
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 t999 Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again