With MWC 2014 taking place next week, we’re sure many of you guys are looking forward to learning more about HTC’s upcoming smartphone, the HTC M8. However it also seems that HTC might have something else that they’re planning to show, which is their reported smartwatch whose battery life was apparently solved. Unfortunately if you were hoping that HTC would take to the stage to make their announcement of said device, you would be disappointed as Bloomberg’s sources have claimed that the smartwatch will instead only be shown off to carriers, presumably behind closed doors in a private meeting/event.
Interestingly enough HTC’s smartwatch is expected to be based off the Qualcomm Toq smartwatch which was shown off last year at IFA 2013. What this means is that if HTC were to match the reference design component for component, what we can look forward to is a Mirasol touchscreen display, wireless charging capabilities, the ability to take calls, play music, display calendar information, and text messaging support (read-only). However apart from this reported smartwatch that will be based on the Toq, Bloomberg’s sources also claim that HTC is working on other wearable devices, like another smartwatch with Google Now features, and a smart wristband with a thin touchscreen display.
- 2014-04-22 KOR-FX Haptic Vest Lets You Feel Each Incoming Blow
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 MEVU Creates Wearable Bitcoin Wallet That Pays Using Gestures
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Gear Fit Initial Stock Reportedly Sold Out
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2014-02-24 HTC Smartwatch To Be Ready By This Holiday Season