[MWC 2014] Earlier this year we had spotted the Huawei Ascend G6 at China’s Tenaa, the equivalent of the FCC, although Huawei has yet to make an official announcement regarding the device until now. The Huawei Ascend G6 has been officially announced and sure enough, it would seem as though its specs might result in a device that would seem a bit underwhelming compared to the Huawei Ascend P6, but then again with these specs we also expect that the price of the handset will be priced attractively as well.
So what can customers look forward to in the Ascend G6? In case you missed our earlier coverage, the Ascend G6 has been revealed to feature a 4.5-inch display with a resolution of 960×540. In an industry and market where Full HD, or even HD, is more or less the acceptable standards, having a 960×540 resolution does seem a little questionable. The handset will also be powered by a quad-core processor clocked at 1.2GHz, and it will also come with an 8MP rear-facing camera, and a 5MP front-facing camera, which is admittedly pretty large as far as front-facing cameras are concerned. The Ascend G6 will also come with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean preinstalled and will support 4G LTE connectivity. Expected to go on sale in the UK in April, there is no word on pricing and availability in other regions for now.
- 2014-04-14: Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03: Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend P7 Photos Leaked Again
- 2014-02-23: Huawei's TalkBand Is The Company's Foray Into Wearable Tech
- 2014-02-23: Massive Huawei MediaPad X1 Smartphone Revealed
- 2014-02-23: Huawei MediaPad M1 Tablet Announced
- 2014-02-23: Huawei E5786 "World's Fastest" Mobile Hotspot Announced
- 2014-02-21: Huawei MediaPad X1 Photos Leaked