Sure enough according to LG’s invite, the LG G Pro 2 has officially been launched! The handset has been announced for the South Korean market and we’re sure that many in the US and other parts of the world are wondering when will the handset see an international release. While we can’t speak for other parts of the world, it seems that over in the US, smartphone customers can look forward to getting their hands on the handset after March. This is according to LG mobile’s head of Korea sales, Cho Sung Ha, who was quoted as saying (via ZDNet Korea), “Starting in March, we will launch it in Asian countries where demand for large-screen phablets is the highest.”
Cho later added, “We will release the G Pro 2 in regions such as the US and Europe after that.” No specific dates were mentioned so for all we know, it could be launched in April, May, June, and so on, but hopefully we won’t have to wait too long for it. As a quick recap for those who might have missed the announcement, the LG G Pro 2 is the South Korean tech company’s latest handset. It packs a 5.9-inch Full HD IPS display, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset clocked at 2.26GHz, a 13MP rear-facing camera with optical image stabilization, and will come with a 3,200mAh battery.
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2014-04-09: LG G3 Screenshot Sees More “Flat” Design (Rumor)
- 2014-03-20: LG G Pro 2 Priced Cheaper Than Galaxy S5 In Taiwan
- 2014-02-17: LG Claims G Pro 2 Knock Code Safer Than Touch ID
- 2014-02-10: LG G Pro 2 Specs "Confirmed" In Benchmark
- 2014-02-07: LG G Pro 2 Could Be Announced 13th Feb
- 2014-02-04: LG G Pro 2 Will Feature OIS Plus Camera Technology