We’re not sure how many of you guys actually remember this, but back in the day, there were these toys/accessories that kids would wear. It was a strap that when you slapped onto your wrist, it would immediately curl up and form a bracelet. It was a pretty fun thing to do back then although we’re not sure if kids these days might appreciate it. That being said, perhaps LG might be interested in bringing it back to the modern day, thanks to a recent patent which revealed a possible plan for LG’s smartwatch.
Typically smartwatches look like normal watches but have a little bit more functionality to it apart from the ability to only tell the time. Chances are some of them might come with a touchscreen display as well. However in this LG patent, it describes a smartwatch that can wrap itself around your wrist, looking more like a bracelet than a watch (as pictured above). Alternatively it seems that this smartwatch can be fully extended which in turn can be used as a stylus as well, so it’s a win-win situation! Of course there’s no telling if LG will ever embrace this concept but what we do know is that LG has a smartwatch in the works. How it looks like and what functions it has remains unknown, but it will definitely be worth keeping an eye on. In the meantime what do you guys make of this concept?
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2014-04-09: LG G3 Screenshot Sees More “Flat” Design (Rumor)
- 2014-04-08: LG G Watch Pegged For July Release, Priced At £180
- 2014-03-24: New LG G Watch Photo Shown Off On Facebook
- 2014-03-13: Google Smartwatch Specifications Rumored
- 2014-03-09: Android SDK For Wearables Coming In Two Weeks
- 2014-02-23: Google's Smartwatch Could Be Made By LG [Rumor]