[MWC 2014] It was only the other day that we caught a glimpse of the Huawei MediaPad X1 in leaked photos. At that time we weren’t sure what to make of the device given its size. Was it a tablet? Was it a phone? Could it even be considered a phablet? Well we guess you will have to decide for yourself, but whatever the case, the tablet/phone/phablet is now official.
Sporting a metal body (a nice touch by Huawei to cater to customers wanting a more “premium” feel), the MediaPad X1 will sport a whopping 7-inch display with a Full HD display. As far as tablets are concerned, 7-inches is considered to be on the small side of things, but as a phone, it does border a little bit on ridiculous, but to each their own, right?
Despite the big display, Huawei has also managed to keep things thin with a 7.18mm thickness, so even if the phone is too big, at least it isn’t too thick and we can appreciate that. The MediaPad X1 will also be powered by a quad-core processor that has been clocked at 1.6GHz. Other specs of the MediaPad X1 includes a 13MP rear-facing camera with an LED flash, a 5MP front-facing camera, a microSD card slot for memory expansion for those times when you might require that additional storage, and a somewhat sizeable 5,000mAh battery which Huawei believes should last users for a few days.
Oddly enough Huawei has chosen to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on the MediaPad X1, although we’re hoping that Huawei will update it ASAP. Pricing has been set at €399 although availability has yet to be determined but we’ll definitely keep an eye out for that.
Next Story: Huawei MediaPad M1 Tablet Announced
- 2014-04-17 Chinese Manufacturers Gear Up To Rain On OnePlus' Parade
- 2014-04-14 Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03 Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02 Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01 Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon
- 2014-02-23 Huawei's TalkBand Is The Company's Foray Into Wearable Tech
- 2014-02-23 Huawei MediaPad M1 Tablet Announced
- 2014-02-23 Huawei Ascend G6 Is Now Official
- 2014-02-23 Huawei E5786 "World's Fastest" Mobile Hotspot Announced
- 2014-02-21 Huawei MediaPad X1 Photos Leaked