The Nokia Lumia 620, a smartphone which was announced nearly two years ago, is not quite forgotten just yet. In fact, we are more than pleased to announce that the Nokia Lumia 620 too, will be on the receiving end of the Lumia Black update. This particular update has been introduced on other smartphones which run on the Windows Phone 8 operating system since January this year, with the Nokia Lumia 720 being the latest model to hop aboard the Lumia Black bandwagon just a month back. So far, initial reports from folks living in Finland and the Netherlands do point to the Nokia Lumia 620 being on the receiving end of the WP8 GDR3 + Lumia Black combination update, where it is the last handset to receive it. Still, better late than never.
Nokia Lumia Black will be built on top of Windows Phone GDR3, where it will deliver additional improvements. In the GDR3 update, the Nokia Lumia 620 would then receive Bluetooth 4.0 LE support as well as the ability to close apps from the app switcher menu, not to mention the presence of a rotation lock to boot. As for goodies from Nokia themselves, expect to see a new Drive mode, the Nokia Storyteller as well as the new Nokia Camera app.
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-03-24: Next Nokia Firmware Could Be The “Blue” Update
- 2014-03-17: Nokia Lumia 530 aka Nokia Rock Coming (Rumor)
- 2014-03-10: Nokia Lumia 635 Hits The FCC
- 2014-03-03: Oppo Find 7 50 Megapixel Camera Rumored
- 2014-02-28: Nokia Lumia 630 Specifications Leaked (Rumor)