If there is one downside to smartphone flashes is that unlike dedicated camera flashes, smartphone flashes tend to be very harsh looking and unnatural, thus rendering photos with flash to be a very ugly affair. Apple has attempted to correct this with the iPhone 5s and the two-tone flash, and it looks like Samsung could be doing something similar as well with the Galaxy S5. This is according to a post by Samsung Tomorrow which basically talks about how Samsung’s labs have been hard at work at creating a new flash unit for smartphone cameras. The entire post itself is very technical, but what we managed to take away is that these flashes will output more light while looking more natural, which sounds pretty promising.
Now thanks to a paragraph, it seems that Samsung has confirmed that these new flashes will debut in the next Galaxy smartphone at MWC 2014 next week. “Of the latest LED mobile offerings, Samsung’s new reflector-integrated flash LED ─ the 3432 1.8t (FH341A) delivers over 165 lux at 1A and a minimum CRI (Color Rendering Index) of 80, assuring quality photos in daylight and at night. In recognition of such superb performance levels, the 3432 1.8t will be used in the next Galaxy smartphone, which is expected to be introduced later this month.” Needless to say we can only assume Samsung means the Galaxy S5 when they talk about the “next Galaxy smartphone”, and given how much they’ve talked up the flash, we can’t wait to see for ourselves as to how it might perform in real life.
Next Story: Icis Is A More Discreet Google Glass Alternative
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-02-25 PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Review: Hands-On
- 2014-02-21 Samsung MWC Trailer Hints At Waterproof & Dustproof Features
- 2014-02-20 Galaxy S5 Could Come In A Gold Option [Rumor]
- 2014-02-20 Galaxy S5 'Kids Mode' Rumored