With Mobile World Congress 2014 only a couple of weeks away, there is a lot of anticipation about the new devices that are set to be unveiled at the event. Many companies have already sent out press invites for their events, and it appears that Sony too has done the same. Apparently the Sony MWC 2014 event has been scheduled on the very same day that Samsung is going to unveil Galaxy S5 on, February 24th, it also happens to be the day MWC 2014 kicks off in Barcelona.
There’s no word as yet what we can expect to see from Sony at the event. Last year at MWC 2013, the company unveiled the Xperia Tablet Z. Rumors have been circulating that Sony is working on a successor, so its likely that we might get to see one, though it can’t be said for sure until the company makes an official announcement. Sony did not unveil any new smartphones at MWC 2013 though, so its not entirely clear if it plans to do the same this time around as well. We’ve been hearing about Sony working on a couple of new smartphones, but its too soon to say at this point in time if we’re going to see them in a couple of weeks.
Next Story: Galaxy S5 Render Leaked
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2014-02-24: Sony Xperia Z2 Hands-On
- 2014-02-23: Sony SmartBand SWR10 Will Be Available In March
- 2014-02-23: Sony Xperia M2 Mid-Range Smartphone
- 2014-02-23: XPERIA Z2 Tablet
- 2014-02-23: Sony XPERIA Z2 Smartphone