Despite the fact that the latest iteration of Google’s mobile platform is Android 4.4, there are still a lot of devices out there that are yet to be updated to even Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. OEMs and carriers usually take a lot of time to release these updates, primarily because there are a lot of steps involved before an update is deemed fit enough for public release. Today, the Sony Xperia SP Android 4.3 update has finally been rolled out, a pre-release build of this very update for this very smartphone was leaked last month.
Sony is rolling out the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update in stages, initially it only popped up for customers in Australia. Slowly but surely it started making its way into other market. It shouldn’t take more than a couple of days for this update to become available around the globe. The update comes bearing build number 12.1.A.0.266, and brings all the bells and whistles we’ve come to expect from Android 4.3. Its possible that Xperia SP owners may now have to wait for a long time before they receive Android 4.4 KitKat. Sony is yet to confirm its roadmap for this particular update, though for now, Xperia SP owners will certainly be content with Android 4.3.
- 2014-04-21: Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21: Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20: Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-01: Sony Xperia SP WIll Not Get Official Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-03-03: T-Mobile Xperia Z Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-12-26: Sony Xperia SP Andorid 4.3 Update Release Expected Soon
- 2013-07-25: Sony Announce Devices That Will Receive Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update