The Assassin’s Creed franchise has seen a variety of different play settings, covering different parts of history throughout its games. With Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag being the latest title and taking place during the era of pirates, we’re sure many are wondering where the next Assassin’s Creed title could take place next. According to the rumors, it was suggested that feudal Japan could be the next setting for Assassin’s Creed V, but unfortunately those rumors have since been quashed by Ubisoft Toronto executive, Jade Raymond, during an interview with Adweek.
According to the article, “The fifth installment will feature her favorite historical era, Raymond says, but she can’t even give a hint of what that is because it would ruin the surprise. She did dispel the rumor that it is set at the end of the samurai age in Japan. That said, she thinks that would be a cool idea.” Raymond added, “When we’re building a franchise, we’re thinking of a whole universe and how we’re developing a meta-story that could live on for many years in games and TV. If the story has nowhere to go, then you end up with the video game equivalent of The Matrix 2 or something where it’s never going to be quite as genius.”
In the past we have seen various ideas thrown about for future Assassin’s Creed settings, and Colonial India has been one of the suggestions, but whether or not that will pan out remains to be seen. In the meantime is anyone else a little bummed out that it won’t be taking place in feudal Japan?
- 2014-04-21 73 Million Assassin's Creed Titles Sold To Date, According To Ubisoft
- 2014-04-13 Ubisoft And musterbrand Team Up For Watch Dogs Apparel And Accessories
- 2014-04-13 Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-07 Watch Dogs' Recommended Specs Leaked On Steam
- 2014-04-01 Ubisoft: No Watch Dogs Demo Planned
- 2014-03-30 Ubisoft Reiterates Their Commitment To Annual Assassin's Creed Releases
- 2014-03-21 Assassin’s Creed Unity Teaser Trailer
- 2014-03-19 New Upcoming Assassin's Creed Screenshots Leaked
- 2013-12-23 Ubisoft States They Will Hesitate To Delay An Assassin's Creed Game If They Feel It's Not Ready