There are some who might find Google Glass to be a little strange in its design. I personally find it very striking and unique, not to mention very futuristic. However given the hostility that people have been facing over it, perhaps designing it to look more discreet could be the way to go.
Perhaps that’s something Google has realized or perhaps it’s just another step towards making Google Glass more fashionable, but according to a recent announcement, Google has revealed that they have teamed up with the Luxottica Group who has eyewear brands like Oakleys and Ray-Ban under its banner, just to name a few.
According to the announcement, the Luxottica Group will be handling both the manufacturing and the distribution. Unfortunately the announcement did not state as to when exactly we might be able to expect these new Google Glasses, although Google is understandably excited at the possibilities.
“You’re not going to see Glass on your favorite Oakleys or Ray-Bans tomorrow, but today marks the start of a new chapter in Glass’s design. Excited? Because we definitely are.” The post also does not mention as to which brands under Luxottica will be participating in Google Glass, although given the sporty and somewhat futuristic nature of Oakleys, we wouldn’t be surprised if we saw some Oakleys-branded Google Glass in the future.
What do you guys think? Are you looking forward to a more fashionable Google Glass in the future?
- 2014-04-17: Home Try-On Program For Google Glass Launched
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2014-04-15: 80,000 Oculus Rift Devices Have Been Sold to Date
- 2014-04-10: 72 Percent Of People Surveyed Against Google Glass Due To Privacy
- 2014-04-10: Google May Allow Anyone To Buy Glass For One Day
- 2014-04-08: Google To Launch Glass For Work Program Today [Report]